George M. Wilson, MBA, CPADirector
email@example.com; T: 646-734-1848
As a Director of the SEC Institute Division of PLI, George teaches workshops dealing with a variety of SEC and FASB related topics. He developed the Institute’s initial “Advanced Accounting and Reporting for SEC Professionals” workshop, as well as workshops in a variety of technical areas including “Accounting for Derivative Instruments and Hedging Activities,” and SOX 404 ICFR audits.
Before joining the SEC Institute, George was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Accounting at the University of Saint Thomas in Saint Paul, MN. He was director of the University’s Accounting MBA program and also taught in the undergraduate accounting department. He has received the AICPA’s Outstanding Discussion Leader Award and the Minnesota State Society’s R. Glenn Berryman Award. George also served as Senior Vice President, Operations of Security Financial, where he managed the organization’s initial public offering, and as a senior manager with KPMG.
Bob Laux is an Associate Director at SEC Institute and is responsible for conducting programs on various reporting and financial accounting topics. Previously, Bob was the North American Lead for the International Integrated Reporting Council. Bob also spent 16 years at Microsoft Corporation, most recently as the Treasury Controller. Prior to joining Microsoft, Bob was an Industry Fellow at the FASB where he was responsible for coordinating the activities of the Emerging Issues Task Force. And, prior to joining the FASB, Bob spent eight years at General Motors.
Bob’s external corporate reporting related activities include:
- Member of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) Board of Directors
- Member of the American Accounting Association (AAA) Audit Committee
- Member of the AAA’s Finance Committee, 2014-2017
- Member of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) Global Preparers Forum, 2007-2017
- Member of the IASB’s XBRL Advisory Council, 2009-2013
- Member of the AICPA’s Board of Directors, 2008-2010
- Member of the Center for Audit Quality SEC Regulations Committee, 2006-2009
- Member of the AICPA’s Accounting Standards Executive Committee, 2001-2004