This June, SEC Institute’s 35th Midyear SEC Reporting and FASB Forums will be offered as live webcasts only rather than being held in person in New York and San Francisco. This will enable us to provide a safe learning environment for participants and faculty.
The live webcast of the New York program will be on June 11-12, 2020 and will begin at 8:00 a.m. EDT. The live webcast of the San Francisco program will be on June 15-16, 2020 and will begin at 8:00 a.m. PDT.
Participants will have access to all program materials, will be able to view the program slides and submit questions to the speakers during the presentation.
As always, the programs will be focused on the key issues facing us in the SEC reporting realm and will include:
- A review of accounting, disclosure and reporting relief related to COVID-19
- Focus on accounting and reporting on impairment issues
- SEC staff focus areas, including, revenue recognition, fair value measurements, segment reporting and non-GAAP measures and metrics
- Modernization of Regulation S-K and proposed changes to Regulation S-X
- Business combinations accounting issues, including business combination versus asset acquisition, assigning amounts to assets and liabilities, and contingent consideration
- Update on MD&A, including disclosures related to the impact of COVID-19, changes from the SEC’s Disclosure Effectiveness project and disclosures concerning reference rate reform and Brexit
- Status of the credit losses standard implementation and other financial instruments hot topics
You can learn more and register for the webcasts here.
As always, your thoughts and comments are welcome.