Coming to grips with SEC reporting and other legal implications of COVID-19 is crucial in this period of uncertainty and disruption. PLI, together with our volunteer faculty, has developed a number of programs to help in dealing with these implications, with more programs being added regularly. Also, all of these programs are being provided without charge.
This Thursday, March 26, 2020, we are presenting a complimentary One-Hour Briefing at 3:00 PM EDT titled “COVID-19 Challenges for First Quarter 2020 Form 10-Q and Annual Meetings”. Leading the discussion will be SEC Institute workshop leader Gary Brown and his colleague from Nelson Mullins, Charles Vaughn, along with George Wilson from SEC Institute. This briefing will:
- Review the SEC’s guidance for COVID-19 disclosure considerations
- Discuss the details of the SEC’s deadline and reporting accommodations relating to COVID-19
- Outline risk factor disclosure requirements as applied to COVID-19
- Identify the need for known trend disclosures in MD&A about COVID-19’s possible impact
- List where COVID-19 may create disclosure issues in other items in Form 10-Q
- Analyze the impact of COVID-19 on the annual meeting process
- Review the SEC’s guidance for virtual annual meetings
On the next day, March 27, 2020, we are presenting another One-Hour Briefing “Coronavirus Considerations: SEC Disclosure, Labor & Employment, Insurance, Litigation, Breach of Contract and Force Majeure Issues”.
As always, your thoughts and comments are welcome.